NEW YORK, January 15, 2013 – COMEDY CENTRAL is coming up aces with MGM Grand Hotel & Casino and The Mirage Hotel & Casino to present “COMEDY CENTRAL Vegas,” a weekend of uncensored stand-up comedy featuring some of the raciest and raunchiest comedians from the #1 brand in comedy’s roster including Dave Attell, Anthony Jeselnik, Jim Norton, Amy Schumer and Nick Swardson, “COMEDY CENTRAL Vegas” will take place on Friday, February 22 and Saturday, February 23. Tickets are on sale now.
“COMEDY CENTRAL Vegas” will kick off on Friday, February 22 at 8:00 p.m with Dave Attell and Jim Norton performing together at MGM Grand’s Hollywood Theatre with a second show on Saturday, February 23 at 9:00 p.m. Tickets prices at $59.99, $69.99 and $79.99, all inclusive, are now on sale. To charge by phone call (800) 929-1111 or (702) 891-7777. Tickets are also available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com and www.ticketmaster.com. Guests must be 18 years of age or older.
The Mirage will be the site of additional “CC Vegas” performances with Amy Schumer (Friday, February 22 at 10:00 p.m.), Nick Swardson (Saturday, February 23 at 7:30 p.m.) and Anthony Jeselnik (Saturday, February 23 at 10:00 p.m.), each performing solo shows in the Terry Fator Theatre. Tickets priced at $39.99, plus service charges, are now on sale. To charge by phone, call (800) 627-6667 or (702) 791-7111. Tickets are also available at www.mirage.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
• Dave Attell is highly respected in the industry, the media, as well as with his audiences with a career spanning over 20 years. Currently, he stars in the Showtime series “Dave’s Old Porn” and invites his A-list comedian pals to provide play-by-play commentary with him to the grainy, cheesy, absurd, and utterly classic pornography films from the 70s and early 80s. Attell was the host and writer of COMEDY CENTRAL’s “Insomniac with Dave Attell,” a travelogue of after-hours experiences in cities across the country, which ran for four seasons and spawned one-hour specials from 2001–2004. The comedian is no stranger to Las Vegas having hosted the Adult Video News (AVN) Awards in 2010 and 2012. In 2005, a feature length concert film titled, “Dave Attell’s Insomniac Tour Presents Sean Rouse, Greg Giraldo and Dane Cook” was shot in Las Vegas and aired on COMEDY CENTRAL.
• Anthony Jeselnik is known for his caustic humor at the “COMEDY CENTRAL Roasts” of Donald Trump, Charlie Sheen and Roseanne. His one-hour stand-up special “Anthony Jeselnik: Caligula” premiered this month on COMEDY CENTRAL. The comedian will also bring his signature dark and twisted point-of-view to the network in his new, weekly topical series, “The Jeselnik Offensive,” premiering on COMEDY CENTRAL on Tuesday, February 19 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT. He has also appeared on “Conan” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and was the first stand-up comic to appear on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.” Jeselnik also has written for “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” and received an Emmy® nomination for his work on COMEDY CENTRAL’s “Night of Too Many Stars.”
• Jim Norton is best known for his unique point-of-view and outspoken humor. He is a New York Times best-selling author of two tomes, Happy Endings: The Tales of a Meaty-Breasted Zilch and I Hate Your Guts. Currently, Norton is touring nationwide performing in front of sold-out crowds both individually and as part of his new venture, “The Anti-Social Network.” Norton is a radio personality heard by millions of devoted fans daily on the “Opie & Anthony Show” on SiriusXM. He is a recurring guest on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and has also appeared on numerous television shows such as Louis CK’s FX sitcom “Louie,” Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld on Fox News Channel, “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and was a regular guest on COMEDY CENTRAL’s “Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn.”
• Amy Schumer will be hitting the road with “Inside Amy Schumer: The Live Tour,” a nationwide COMEDY CENTRAL stand-up tour kicking off Thursday, February 28 in Cincinnati and traveling to more than 30 cities. Also, her new series, “Inside Amy Schumer” is set to debut on Tuesday, April 30 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL. Schumer was recently featured as one of Variety’s “Top Ten Comics to Watch” and her hit one-hour special, titled “Amy Schumer: Mostly Sex Stuff,” aired on COMEDY CENTRAL as was one of the highest-rated and most-watched stand-up specials in 2012. She released her first album “Cutting” on COMEDY CENTRAL Records in 2011. Schumer’s film credits include “Seeking a Friend for the End of the World” starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley and opposite Parker Posey in “Price Check.”
• Nick Swardson is an actor, stand-up comedian, screenwriter and producer who is currently starring in the movie “A Haunted House” with Marlon Wayans, Cedric the Entertainer and J.B. Smoove. He is known for his sketch series, COMEDY CENTRAL’s “Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time,” a recurring role as Terry Bernardino in the COMEDY CENTRAL’s “Reno 911!,” and co-writing and producing Adam Sandler’s Happy Madison Productions films including “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry” and “Benchwarmers.” He recently completed a role in the upcoming feature film “Grown Ups 2″ starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James and Chris Rock which will be released this summer.
• MGM Grand, a AAA Four Diamond resort, provides the ultimate Vegas experience. A variety of newly remodeled luxurious suites and standard accommodations serve every need while guests discover signature dining by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & Grill and AAA Five Diamond and Michelin three star restaurant, Jo«l Robuchon; world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena; the astonishing K by Cirque du Soleil; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; Hakkasan, a new upscale dining/nightlife concept (Spring 2013); a pampering spa and salon; and an elaborate 380,000-square-foot, non-smoking conference center. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).
• Ideally located, The Mirage is the place to stay and play. From the iconic Volcano to the lush tropical pool, guests experience an exotic world-class destination unlike any other. The resort features contemporary AAA Four Diamond accommodations, dynamic entertainment including The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil, Terry Fator: The Voice of Entertainment and The Aces of Comedy series, tantalizing restaurants, a luxurious spa and salon and Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. The Mirage is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).
Available on-air, online and on-the-go, COMEDY CENTRAL (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit COMEDY CENTRAL’s press Web site at www.cc.com/press and follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in more than 160 countries and territories. With approximately 170 media networks reaching more than 600 million global subscribers, Viacom’s leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, Spike TV and Tr3s. Paramount Pictures, America’s oldest film studio and creator of many of the most beloved motion pictures, continues today as a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. Viacom operates a large portfolio of branded digital media experiences, including many of the world’s most popular properties for entertainment, community and casual online gaming. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com.
For Comedy Central:
For MGM Grand and The Mirage:
MGM Resorts International Public Relations
- Press Releases
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
- The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
- South Park
- Another Period
- Why? with Hannibal Buress
- Moonbeam City
- Big Time in Hollywood, FL
- Broad City
- @midnight with Chris Hardwick
- Key & Peele
- Inside Amy Schumer
- Drunk History
- Nathan For You
- The Half Hour
- Screening Room