NEW YORK, October 9, 2017 – The enormously successful, hugely popular and critically- acclaimed The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library, which made its debut in New York City in June, will open in Chicago later this month. Just one day after Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah wraps its week of shows (10/16-10/19) from Chicago’s The Athenaeum Theatre, titled “The Daily Show Undesked Chicago 2017: Let’s Do This Before It Gets Too Damn Cold,” The Library will open inside Chicago Union Station’s newly renovated Burlington Room (225 South Canal Street, Chicago, IL 60606, enter through the station’s Great Hall) on Friday, October 20 and will be open through Sunday, October 22. Admission is free and open to the public between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. CT.
Every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt has been honored with a meticulously curated memorial library commemorating the documents of historical value crafted during his time as leader of the free world. Continuing this hallowed tradition, and seeing no need to wait for him to leave office, The Daily Show will once again honor our current president with The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library, showcasing our Commander in Chief’s preferred vessel for communicating with the public, his Twitter feed.
When it opened in New York City this past summer, The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library was a remarkable success with capacity crowds from the moment it opened until the moment it closed. The crowds were huge, so huge, the largest the world has ever seen at a Presidential Twitter Library opening. The Washington Post called it a “smash hit,” The Huffington Post deemed it “the most impressive satire of the current administration to date” and Los Angeles Times said it worked on “both a comedic and scholarly level.” For fans that weren’t able to make it to the NYC edition and for those that won’t be able to attend in Chicago, there is a virtual 360° tour of the New York City version of The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library.
The library in Chicago, just like it’s original installation in New York City, will feature visual installations and a fully interactive, hands-on experience for hands of all sizes, giving patrons the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to memorialize and celebrate the many “unpresidented” moments of President Trump’s Twitter history.
Select exhibitions housed in the Presidential Twitter Library include:
- THE COMMANDER-IN-TWEET: If there’s one thing Trump is known for, it’s tweeting in response to any and all situations. At the library’s marquee attraction, attendees will have the chance to do the same by composing a totally necessary tweet upon a golden toilet installed in the Oval Office.
- SAD! A RETROSPECTIVE: A video retrospective will solemnly display a collection of people, places and things that the President has deemed “SAD!”
- TRUMP VS. TRUMP: This exhibit showcases President Trump’s unique ability to hold a variety of different opinions on the same subject.
- VERIFIED SURVIVORS: Listen to a series of testimonials from a collection of verified survivors, as they recount the trauma of being targeted by Trump on Twitter.
- DONALD J. TRUMP: A MAN OF CHARACTERS: In a short docufilm narrated by Daily Show correspondent Desi Lydic, the library takes a look at the history of Trump and the 140 character platform he’s revolutionized.
- MASTER WORKS FROM THE COLLECTION: Sit back and admire some of Trump’s finest work as a master tweeter.
- TWISTORY IN THE MAKING: DONALD J. TRUMP ON TWITTER: Attendees will be able to study the broad arc of Trump’s history in one comprehensive timeline. From his very first tweet about his appearance on Letterman, to his proclamations that Obama was born in Kenya, to his important, early morning screeds as the leader of the free world.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah will telecast from the Athenaeum Theatre from Monday, October 16 through Thursday, October 19 nightly at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. The Athenaeum Theatre in Chicago is located at 2936 North Southport Avenue. Tickets for the tapings are free and only available through the dedicated Daily Show website, and not through the host venue. They can be requested via www.thedailyshow.com/chicago.
Trevor Noah, Steve Bodow, Jen Flanz and Jill Katz are the Executive Producers of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, with Justin Melkmann as Co-Executive Producer. Max Browning, Eric Davies, Pam DePace, Ramin Hedayati and Elise Terrell are Supervising Producers. Zhubin Parang is the Head Writer, with Daniel Radosh as Senior Writer. The series is directed by Paul Pennolino. Sarah Babineau is the Executive in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah airs Mondays-Thursdays at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and is available to stream the following day exclusively on thedailyshow.com and the Comedy Central App. Viewers can follow The Daily Show on Twitter (6.95M followers) and Instagram (959K followers), subscribe to its YouTube channel (2.5M subscribers) and become a fan of The Daily Show on Facebook (7.4M fans). Fans can follow Trevor Noah on Twitter (7.6M followers), Facebook (4.5M fans) and Instagram (1.8M followers). Fans can also receive The Daily Show “Flash Briefing” on Amazon Alexa devices and subscribe to The Daily Show’s Emmy® Award-winning “Between the Scenes” via Facebook’s new Watch tab.
Available on-air, online and on-the-go via the Comedy Central App, Comedy Central (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Comedy Central’s press site at press.cc.com and follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe(Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/viacom.