NEW YORK, June 13, 2017 – The grand opening of The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library will take place on Friday, June 16 and it will be tremendous. It will be so tremendous that you’ll get tired of the tremendousness, so it will close on Sunday, June 18. SAD! This actual library will be located in New York City at 3 West 57th Street near Fifth Avenue, conveniently just a stone’s throw from Trump Tower. Admission to The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library is free and open to the public between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt has been honored with a meticulously curated memorial library commemorating the documents of historical value crafted during his time as leader of the free world. Continuing this hallowed tradition, and seeing no need to wait for him to leave office, The Daily Show will honor our current president with The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library, the first of its kind, showcasing our Commander in Chief’s preferred vessel for communicating with the public, his Twitter feed.
The library will feature visual installations and a fully interactive, hands-on experience for hands of all sizes, giving patrons the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to memorialize and celebrate the many “unpresidented” moments of President Trump’s Twitter history.
Select exhibitions housed in the Presidential Twitter Library include:
- THE COMMANDER-IN-TWEET: If there’s one thing Trump is known for, it’s tweeting in response to potentially sensitive situations. At the library’s marquee attraction, attendees will have the chance to do the same by composing a totally necessary tweet upon a golden toilet installed in the Oval Office.
- SAD! A RETROSPECTIVE: A video retrospective will solemnly display a collection of people, places and things that the President has deemed “SAD!”
- TRUMP VS. TRUMP: Here we document President Trump’s unique ability to hold a variety of different opinions on the same subject.
- VERIFIED SURVIVORS: Listen to a series of testimonials from a collection of verified survivors, as they recount the trauma of being targeted by Trump on Twitter.
- DONALD J. TRUMP: A MAN OF CHARACTERS: In a short docufilm narrated by Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper, the library takes a look at the history of Trump and the 140 character platform he’s revolutionized.
- MASTER WORKS FROM THE COLLECTION: Sit back and admire some of Trump’s finest work as a master tweeter.
- TWISTORY IN THE MAKING: DONALD J. TRUMP ON TWITTER: Attendees will be able to study the broad arc of Trump’s history in one comprehensive timeline. From his very first tweet about his appearance on Letterman, to his proclamations that Obama was born in Kenya, to his important, early morning screeds as the leader of the free world.
Trevor Noah, Steve Bodow, Jen Flanz and Jill Katz are the Executive Producers of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah with Eric Davies, Pam DePace, Ramin Hedayati, Justin Melkmann and Elise Terrell as Supervising Producers. Zhubin Parang is the Head Writer with Daniel Radosh as Senior Writer. The series is directed by Chuck O’Neil. Sarah Babineau is the Executive in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah airs Mondays-Thursdays at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and is available to stream the following day on thedailyshow.com and the Comedy Central App. Viewers can follow The Daily Show on Twitter (6.3M followers) and Instagram (852K followers), subscribe to their YouTube channel (2.2M subscribers) and become a fan of The Daily Show on Facebook (7.2M fans). Fans can follow Trevor Noah on Twitter (6.8M followers), Facebook (4.1M fans) and Instagram (1.5M followers).
Available on-air, online and on-the-go via the Comedy Central App, Comedy Central (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Comedy Central’s press Web site at press.cc.com and follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/viacom.