NEW YORK, June 4, 2019 – The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library is coming to Washington, D.C. in celebration of President Trump’s 73rd birthday. The hugely successful, critically-acclaimed installation will be open from Friday, June 14 through Sunday, June 16 at The Showroom located at 1099 14th St NW Washington, D.C. The event hours are 12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. ET. Admission is free and open to the public. The biggest crowds ever say it’s tremendous, and those who miss it will be SAD!
Since its first installation, the library received the prestigious Grand Prix award at the 2018 Cannes Lions International Festival as well as two Grand Clio awards at the 2018 Clio Entertainment Awards. The Lions and Clio Awards are two of the most established and coveted awards for the creative and marketing industry in the world. In 2019, the library has also been honored with a “Spirit of SXSW” award, a Webby award, a Shorty award, and an Adweek Experiential award. So much winning!
Every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt has been honored with a meticulously curated memorial library commemorating the documents of historical value crafted during his time as leader of the free world. Continuing this hallowed tradition, and seeing no need to wait for him to leave office, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah will once again honor our current president with The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library, showcasing our Commander-in-Chief’s preferred vessel for communicating with the public, his Twitter feed.
This marks the seventh time The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library will be on display with previous stops in Austin, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and its phenomenal debut in New York City. The library in Washington, D.C. will feature visual installations and a fully interactive, hands-on experience for hands of all sizes, giving patrons the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to memorialize and celebrate the many “unpresidented” moments of President Trump’s Twitter history.
Select exhibitions housed in the Presidential Twitter Library include:
- THE COMMANDER-IN-TWEET: In the Library’s marquee attraction, attendees will step into a replica of the Oval Office, be presented with a crisis situation, and have 30 seconds to compose a tweet white sitting on a golden toilet, just like the president!
- SAD! A RETROSPECTIVE:A video retrospective will solemnly display a collection of people, places and things that the President has deemed “SAD!”
- TRUMP VS. TRUMP: Here we document President Trump’s unique ability to hold a variety of different opinions on the same subject.
- VERIFIED SURVIVORS: Listen to a series of testimonials from high-profile victims as they recount the trauma of being attacked by Trump on Twitter.
- DONALD J. TRUMP: A MAN OF CHARACTERS: In a short docufilm narrated by Daily Show correspondent Desi Lydic, the library takes a look at Trump’s Twitter history and the social media platform he made great again.
- MASTERWORKS: Sit back and admire some of Trump’s finest works as a master tweeter.
- A DONALD J. TRUMP TWITTER TIMELINE: Study the broad arc of Trump’s history in one comprehensive timeline, from his very first tweet about his appearance on Letterman, to his proclamations that Obama was born in Kenya, to his important, early morning screeds as the leader of the free world.
- 11 MINUTES: This video exhibit features first-hand accounts of what the world looked like for the 11 minutes that Donald J. Trump mysteriously vanished from Twitter, shaking a nation to its core.
- **new** MELANIA TRUMP: TRYING TO HELP: This new exhibit honors the First Lady’s crusade to end cyberbullying. We highlight her battle against those who use personal attacks, threats of violence, and really dumb nicknames in a vain attempt to soothe their own insatiable insecurities.
Trevor Noah, Jen Flanz and Jill Katz are the Executive Producers of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, with Justin Melkmann as Co-Executive Producer. Max Browning, Eric Davies, Pam DePace, Ramin Hedayati, David Kibuuka and Elise Terrell are Supervising Producers, and Jocelyn Conn and Zhubin Parang are producers. Dan Amira is the Head Writer, with Lauren Sarver Means and Daniel Radosh as Senior Writers. The series is directed by Paul Pennolino. Sarah Babineau and Ari Pearce are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah airs Mondays-Thursdays at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and is available to stream the following day exclusively on thedailyshow.com and the Comedy Central App. Viewers can follow The Daily Show on Twitter (7.9M followers) and Instagram (3.3M followers), subscribe to its YouTube channel (4.8M subscribers) and become a fan of The Daily Show on Facebook (8.3M fans). Fans can follow Trevor Noah on Twitter (9.8M followers), Facebook (5.5M fans) and Instagram (4.4M followers). Fans can also receive The Daily Show Flash Briefing on Amazon Alexa devices, subscribe to The Daily Show’s Emmy® Award-winning “Between the Scenes” via Facebook’s new Watch tab and listen to highlights and extended interviews on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah: Ears Edition podcast available across most podcast apps.
On July 31, 2018, The Daily Show released The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library book. A New York Times bestseller, the tome is an illustrated portrait of the Donald J. Trump Twitter account, with analysis and “scholarly” commentary from the writers of The Daily Show with an introduction by Trevor Noah as well as a foreword by Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Jon Meacham. It is published by Spiegel & Grau, a division of Penguin Random House.
Comedy Central gives audiences access to a world of super funny, personally relatable, culturally relevant, and provocative comedy that tells the funny truths of life, every day and everywhere. From award-winning late-night, scripted and animated series to stand-up specials, short-form and sketch, Comedy Central has it all. A subsidiary of Viacom Inc., Comedy Central is available to more than 300 million households in over 150 countries across the globe. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Comedy Central’s press site at press.cc.com and follow us on Twitter at @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.